Below is a glimpse into our collection.
This diorama, made by Lewis Pruneau, is of the Ste. Genevieve Transfer Boat.Comprised of a wooden hull and two steam engines, this transfer boat transported trains between Kellogg, Illinois and Ste. Genevieve, Missouri before trains bridges were constructed in the region.
Many paintings were produced in commemoration of the last day of Ste. Genevieve’s 200th birthday. This is one of two such paintings the museum is glad to have.
The first of these lovely toys was shipped from Ste. Genevieve to St. Louis on December 22, 1929. They were meant for children between the ages four and nine.
A forty-two mile plank road, built in the 1850’s, ran between Ste. Genevieve and Iron Mountain. This road aided in the transportation of lead from the mines to the Mississippi River where the product could then be shipped to markets east and south.
The early Mississippian period 900-1500 A.D. Commonly tempered using muscle shells from the Mississippi river. They range from simple to beautifully designed.
This is one of ten birds the museum has in its possession that is attributed to Audubon.
These decorative pieces are only a glimpse of our fashion exhibit.